Exams – that occasion which arouses a general feeling of dread in almost everybody, be it the brightest pupils or those not so bright ones or even the parents. It is a testing period not only for the students but also for the teachers. Proper preparation is the key, not only for exams but to rather any test in life. It is also necessary to keep in mind not to go overboard with the preparation or else you might reach a tipping point. Here are few of the things you should keep in mind to ensure a smooth sailing trip through the ‘before-exams’ period…
1. Get Enough Sleep – Sleep is one of the most important things. Well, that doesn’t mean you over do it, we are well aware of the pull between you and your bed especially during exam times. Don’t give in to that, instead have enough sleep to make your body function properly. By enough sleep we mean 8 hours daily. You don’t want to be sleepy in the exam hall, do you? Having proper sleep cycles helps to keep your brain’s sanity intact so that you remember everything that you have studied.
2. Eat, Eat For Your Sake..! – It is very simple. Don’t starve. Studies prove that memorizing and understanding a concept on an empty stomach requires much more strength and concentration as compared to doing the same with your stomach full. Food is the tonic for your brain. So have your meals properly and indulge in some munchies as well for fillers or study breaks.
3. Make a to-do list every morning during your preparation leave – There are those crucial 2 weeks/ a month before exam, where you have to intensify your hard work. During this period it is better to make a to-do list every morning and sticking to it. This list will give you good insight as to how much you have to cover or how much you have already studied.
4. Say no to distractions..! – We know millennial population has so many things that might deviate their minds. Be it Facebook, Instagram or that irresistible gaming app or simply a new show on Netflix. You can always enjoy these things once your exams are done, these apps are here to stay and aren’t going anywhere.
5. A day before exam – Keep all your requirements (stationery) ready so that during the examination you don’t have to panic because your pen isn’t working or other such reasons. As we mentioned before, indulge in healthy snacking. Have proper information about your hall ticket and exam hall, you don’t want last minute searching. Last, but not the least, be present in the examination center before time so that you can settle down properly.
Do not forget the 5 points above and good luck for your examination.